- Current Issues
- Take Action
- Bills Introduced 2012
- Bills debated
- Budget Estimates Hearings
- Committee Reports
- Disallowance Motions
- Guide to Petitions
- How we can help
- Learn About Parliament
- Motions Debated
- Questions on Notice
- Questions without Notice 2009
- Questions without Notice 2010
- Questions without Notice 2011
Traffic Congestion Reduction Measures
Extract from Hansard
[COUNCIL — Tuesday, 1 May 2012]
Hon Lynn MacLaren; Hon Simon O'Brien
TRAFFIC CONGESTION REDUCTION MEASURES
190. Hon LYNN MacLAREN to the minister representing the Minister for Transport:
(1) Has the government investigated the potential benefit of electronic speed signs on the freeway to reduce congestion through speed harmonisation?
(2) Is the government intending to introduce electronic speed signs to reduce congestion; if so, when; and, if not, why not?
(3) Has the government investigated the potential benefit of ramp meters to limit the flow rate on Perth freeways to around 1 750 or 1 800 cars per lane per hour?
(4) Does the government intend to introduce ramp meters to reduce congestion; if so, when; and, if not, why not?
(5) What is the flow rate during peak times on Kwinana Freeway, Mitchell Freeway, Roe Highway, Tonkin Highway and Reid Highway?
Hon SIMON O’BRIEN replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of this question. The information cannot be provided in the time frame available and the member is asked to place the question on notice.